Slots at Wintingo
Wintingo Online Casino features over 400 feature-rich fruit, video and progressive slot titles. The casino offers games powered by not one but three of the most prominent casino game development companies, namely, Microgaming, NetEnt and PariPlay. As a result, players to the casino will have a smorgasbord of slots to choose from including blockbuster titles like THUNDERSTRUCK II™ and BRIDESMAIDS™.
Much like their early brick-and-mortar predecessors, classic online slots (or fruit slots) are simple, no-fuss games. Classic slots primarily feature a simple 3 reel, payline format with retro casino symbols like cherries, bars and lucky sevens. Unlike their video slot contemporaries, classic slots feature no additional bonus features or second-screen bonus games.
Video slots are feature-rich, themed online slot games that incorporate increasingly exciting and interactive features to keep players entertained. These slots vary greatly from simple 5 reel payline formats to blockbuster slots that feature hundreds of ways to win and advanced second-screen bonus games. Video slot themes can range from the simple like Pure Platinum to a full on cinematic experience like the Jurassic Park™ slot.
5 interesting slots facts and figures
The first modern mechanised slot machine was invented by Charles Fey in the late 1880s and dubbed the Liberty Bell machine. Since then, the popularity and prevalence of the format in any and all casino establishments has affirmed it as a staple of the casino industry.
- Japan has more brick-and-mortar slot machines than any other country in world. They are so prevalent, that it is said that there is approximately one slot machine for every 27 people in the country.
- In the 1950’s a Las Vegas casino commissioned the largest slots machine ever built, Super Big Bertha. The slot, which would cost €1 million if manufactured today, stood at 2.5 meters tall and 2 meters wide.
- In 1973, a man became the largest slot machine winner with an impressive €56,000 win. The record would stand for almost 3 decades only being outdone in 2001 with a massive €870,000 progressive payout. Two years later that record would be smashed with a 25-year-old software engineer winning a tear jerking €34,6 million progressive payout which remains a record today.
- The first slots machine, the Charles Fey Liberty Bell had a maximum payout of just 50 cents. Adjusting for inflation, that would total to just €56 today.
- In contradiction to the popular myth that a slot can be due for a big payout or a slot can be hot, statisticians have shown that each and every spin of a slot machine is independent and governed by full-proof random number generator.
Are you looking for more interesting casino facts? Take a look at our 5 fun table games facts and figures.
If you would like any more information regarding our selection of online casino games, contact one of our knowledgeable support agents.